JavaScript Performance Benchmark

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 13 11:03:20 UTC 2006

Bert Freudenberg puso en su mail :

> Fun indeed. Anyone else noticed the abysmal send performance in
> Apple's Safari?
>
> n1 = 4; time = 646 milliseconds; 3095975 operations/sec.
> n2 = 24; time = 3443 milliseconds; 21791 sends/sec.
>
> Firefox is 20x faster:
>
> n1 = 8; time = 566 milliseconds; 7067138 operations/sec.
> n2 = 27; time = 743 milliseconds; 427740 sends/sec.
>
> - Bert -
Bert:

I have IE, Firefox, iCab and Safari on my Mac.
The four do different oddities and Firefox is what performs better with
Squeak web things like HttpView2 and ComSwiki.

The fact is what we are doing a very single web  game and now only are using
Firefox.

The answer to why Safari don not performs well is because Apple now like
sells music and iPods and instead  using X360 micro they are in the way to
become one clone more.

Edgar