Frozen Image

Zulq Alam zulq at orange.net
Fri Apr 14 12:55:17 UTC 2006

 > I'm not sure from your message if this has happened with a running
image, or if it happens every time you start up your image.

It happens every time I start the image. Your advice is good in the
later case as well though.

I started a new image, used a file list to find the original .changes
file and used this information to recover the important changes using a
changelist browser. This is the same browser that comes up when looking
at recently logged changes just looking at an external .changes file.

 > Note that there are "do its" mixed in with the method changes.

Yes, this was a pain as I couldn't just select the code modifications
and finding the pertinent "do its" was too time consuming. Instead I
just skipped them all and redid as much of the refactoring that was
undone. I'm glad I didn't have more work to recover.

 > Of course I've also had times when I had to force-quit.

I have always been able to interrupt and save before.

Thanks,
Zulq.