Spoon progress 15 April 2005: inert method deletion details and next steps

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sun Apr 16 23:58:39 UTC 2006

On Apr 16, 2006, at 7:35 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> But there is a grain of truth that's worthwhile to discuss - namely
> that, if anything, tests should be used as "a" primary source for
> imprinting

The really nice thing about Craig's scheme is that the marking of
methods as active is separate from the specialized GC that cleans out
the inactive ones. I'd be interested in a method marker that uses
type inference to mark all the methods in a given package, as well as
all the methods it depends on, even indirectly. Then you could easily
build images for specific purposes without worrying about test
coverage, or providing the complete range of expected inputs during
imprinting.

Colin