Spoon progress 15 April 2005: inert method deletion details and next steps

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Apr 17 10:37:06 UTC 2006

Hi craig

This is cool. Do you have a description of Naiad?
What is a naiad modules? I'm really interested in knowing that and
what we could do with them + improving if necessary. I would like to
push in my new lab a work on remodularizing OO systems and I would
like to use squeak as a case study (of course) So we could do more
traditional code analysis or your imprint.
Are other people welcome to use and build on top of spoon and Naiad?
How do you see possible collaboration?

> Ideally, I'd like the new modules to contain well-factored and
> highly-readable expressions of the ideas of the old subsystems,
> rather than just blind repackagings, but we'll see... it's tempting
> to just imprint things to save time. :)

You mean that you would like to rewrite some parts?

Stef