Broken Squeak Map downloads?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Apr 18 10:28:17 UTC 2006

Hi again!

"David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:44:05AM +0200, goran at krampe.se wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > > When I try to download certain SqueakMap packages, including VMMaker, AioPlugin, and
> > > XDisplayControlPlugin, I am getting errors. Others work fine, including OSProcessPlugin.
> > > Did something break and/or change recently to cause this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Dave
> >
> > I will take a look later tonight. I think I know why the server cache
> > isn't working - it is because asString36 is broken in 3.8+ - it
> > needlessly (nowadays) chops off the first 4 characters of the string. I
> > think this is one of the issues at least.
>
> Thanks!

Ehrm, seems to be more "file stuff" that is broken now due to the new
binary-not-being-default thing - so I really need to go over the code
once more, sigh.

I do want to alert you to one problem though: you are using the same URL
for both releases!

This means that the old 1.1 release is now... not available. It also
screws up the caching etc. The idea is that the file registered as the
download URL for a release should be immutable. If it is, then the
server can cache it, and so can the clients.

regards, Göran