The Timing of Time

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 19 00:37:43 UTC 2006

It is interesting to me 1) how much interest there is in dates and 2)
how apologetic people seem to be about it.  Date is a basic
abstraction.  Getting it right is important, and so far we (the entire
programming community) haven't gotten it right.  Discussions like this
are important.  You guys ought to write papers on your Date packages.
Someone ought to write a paper comparing them.

Maybe Maxi Taborda is going to do this for his MS thesis?

My favorite book on calenders (I haven't read very many) is
"Calendrical Calculations" by Reingold and Dershowitz.  It is about
dates and not time.

-Ralph Johnson