State Replication Protocol

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Apr 19 06:33:36 UTC 2006

Hi!

"Francisco Garau" <fgarau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anybody using Paul Baumann's State Replication Protocol (SRP)?
>
> I have the impression that they could replace the
> ImageSegments/SmartRefStreams (but I haven't played enough, yet).
>
> Cheers,
> Francisco

I played with it a loooong time ago (and it looked neat). If you do play
more with it - please try to serialize and deserialize "SMSqueakMap
default". If that is fast, ends up gzipped around 1Mb (and not 10Mb or
whatever) and works in more Squeaks than 3.8+ then I might be interested
in trying it as an interim solution for SM.

regards, Göran