[ann][vm][unix] 3.9-4

Wolfgang Helbig helbig at Lehre.BA-Stuttgart.DE
Wed Apr 19 22:21:24 UTC 2006

Hi Jan,

>Folks,
>
>Source code, pre-loaded VMM image, precompiled Linux/386 and Darwin/
>PPC binaries available.

Thanks, but you seemed to drop support for sound on solaris. Lack of time
on your part and/or lack of interest on part of the squeak community?

Anyway, January this year I tried different 'plattform independent plattforms'
to get some sound out of my solaris-8 x86 box. And Squeak won this little
contest hands down, after I applied some simple fixes to vm-Sound-Sun and after
I tried JMF (Java Media Framework), which lost in mp3 and MPEG-video-clips.

Regards
Wolfgang
--
Weniger, aber besser.