[ann][vm][unix] 3.9-4

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Apr 21 08:46:20 UTC 2006

Hi Ian and all!

Ian Piumarta <piumarta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Source code, pre-loaded VMM image, precompiled Linux/386 and Darwin/
> PPC binaries available.
>
> http://squeakvm.org/unix/
>
> Enjoy,
> Ian

Nice!

Ok, so I revised my Lunar module for squeak yesterday and noted that:
	- The image download is different from before. It doesn't contain
inisqueak anymore and the image is not in a subdir.
	- The small tweak for gzip is still needed (though I honestly don't
recall why I needed it to work - I think my make docs failed without
it).
	- The remapping from /usr/local is not needed anymore - I noticed you
do it inside the INSTALL script.

See my Lunar module here, it is very small collection of bash scripts
(just click on them), note PRE_BUILD especially:

	http://darcs.krampe.se/zlocal/squeak/

As you see the second INSTALL script is not needed anymore (I guess?)
and inisqueak isn't there to patch either. Did you drop inisqueak? In
that case you need to remove its man page and a few mentionings of it in
the READMEs IIRC.

regards, Göran