new linux install confused!

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at univ-brest.fr
Fri Apr 21 18:04:08 UTC 2006

ron a écrit :

>Hello,

hello

>I'm new to linux,

wellcome,
executable named "squeak" is the interpreter. In order to launch squeak
UI, you have to provide an image
or to launch squeak in a directory where squeak.image and squeak.changes
are stored.
squeak.image, or x.image contains all the system (all objects, including
your own classes and instances).
squeak.changes or x.changes contains all system changes and is
automatically updated while you are programming.

In order to simply install all you need, first try inisqueak:
mkdir squeak_test;
cd squeak_test;
inisqueak;

here, into squeak_test directory, you have squeak.image and squeak.changes.
that's all.

alain