Seems slower. =\

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sat Apr 22 04:21:15 UTC 2006

> While you're running an environment or just when it's sitting there? If
> the first, that seems kinda normal (though 40k/sec is somewhat
> excessive; are you sure it's that much?) but unless you're running a
> Croquet environment there shouldn't be any network traffic.

I can push the thing up to 80k/sec in the "dungeon" world. (okay, that's
my favorite...)

> I'm not sure what your point is. Having looked at them quite carefully
> my only observation is that one uses a cascade and the other one
> doesn't. Is there a problem with one of them? Other than that it's three
> lines of duplicated code which may be unfortunate but I'm sure there is
> worse code in the system ;)

Okay, what do you want me to fix?

BTW, everyone calls the cascaded version of that function. I really
should learn more about what issues affect the performance of the
compiler. =\

--
Don't let your schoolwork get in the way of your learning.

http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/