some news

Alan Lovejoy squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net
Sat Apr 22 14:13:05 UTC 2006

Alan Kay> As Seymour once said, "I wish the US was still a developing
country!").
> We could say that about Europe also....

Hilaire: "Hum, not sure to understand. "

My reading of what Seymour said (as quoted by Alan K.) was that the term
"developing country" is a pun.  The phrase "developing country," instead of
having its usual meaning, refers to the fact that the US is no longer a
country interested in positive change ("development,") and is instead a
place where ideas, attitudes and the level of enlightenment are static.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but that is how I read it.

--Alan L.