some news

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Sat Apr 22 16:03:18 UTC 2006

Really? Eventually children suffering from anemia will die. Those day,
each 5 second a kid (bellow 10) die because of mal-nutrition. Since the
begining of this thread more than 34000 kids die for such reason, I
can't agree the effect is the same.

I just really feel unconfortable about plan, in the name of kids in
developing countries, related to spend resources just to re-develop
existing stuff.
You know that Smalltalk and its environment are far superior to Python,
so I cannot understand you stand "kid first" and at the same time your
position about spending resources re-developping a graphical environment
with an inferior vehicule. It is just non-sense. It will make more sense
to re-developped more advanced language&environment on top of
Smalltalk/Squeak. Was it not your initial plan?

As said Garrison Keillor:
"I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it."

Hilaire