Looking for good souls

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Sat Apr 22 18:47:15 UTC 2006

tim Rowledge a écrit :
> I feel the need to make a couple of points here:-
>
> a mailing list for newcomers and other learners to ask questions is a
> good thing so long as enough people already knowledgeable and able to
> spend time helping actually take part. A mailing list is not a good
> place to look for answers to questions previously asked, for when a user
> feels a little more confident and wants to do some research themself.
> I'm not much of a fan of web-based forae because of the fragmentation
> they seem to engender BUT they are an excellent mechanism to provide an
> easily growable knowledge base of answers and advice. A swiki should be
> at least as good but they do seem to get horribly disorganised very
> quickly so perhaps using a web forum in the style of www.osxfaq.com's
> would be useful. Some threads are open to post questions and some are
> closed as a record of an answer that should stand alone.

What we usually do on the squeak-fr mailing list is to put valuable
information posted in the list in our Wiki :
http://community.ofset.org/wiki/Category:Squeak
Our wiki is only 82 pages right now, but we try to avoid the mess, by
continously categorize and refactor the pages.

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##