Looking for good souls

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Sun Apr 23 08:47:35 UTC 2006

On Apr 22, 2006, at 9:41 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> I actually still think the "one-list-for-all" is best, because even
> if you don't understand half of what is discussed, you at least get
> to know that more advanced topics exist.
>
> However, I can see how a newbie might be afraid of posting some
> basic question to squeak-dev. So to get new folks to participate,
> I'd make it explicit in the list name that it really is okay to ask
> even the dumbest questions. How about
>
> 	"squeak-newbies"
>
> Can't get much more inviting than that, can it?

I also think it is important not to end up with a plethora of lists,
so my suggestion is to reuse squeakland for also posing and answering
basic smalltalk questions.
- Kim, would it be ok to ask smalltalk questions on squeakland?
I think one factor of the success of the french squeak list, is that
it focuses on education, be it with etoys or smalltalk.

Cheers,

Markus