unix vm 3.9-5 libuuid.so.1 error

Ian Piumarta piumarta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 05:40:10 UTC 2006

Jimmie,

On Apr 23, 2006, at 7:33 PM, Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> squeak: error while loading shared libraries: libuuid.so.1: cannot
> open
>
> I have /lib/libuuid.so.1  on my machine.

Run /sbin/ldconfig as root.  If it still doesn't work, check you have
the link

   $ ls -l /usr/lib/libuuid.so
   lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 17 Apr  6 08:44 /usr/lib/libuuid.so -> /
lib/libuuid.so.1

(run ldconfig again if you create the link).

If that doesn't work, you might try removing and reinstalling the
package.

If that doesn't work, then

   http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.9-6.i686-pc-linux-
gnu.tar.gz

has an external UUIDPlugin, so at least your VM should run even
though libuuid prevents UUIDPlugin from loading.

Cheers,
Ian