Looking for good souls

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Mon Apr 24 06:29:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:56:54 -0700, Cees De Groot <cdegroot at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Two reasons against squeak-newbies: it smells of "Xxx for Dummies",
> which is denigrating,

Title notwithstanding, the "...for Dummies" series was quite good
(overall) and empathetic, rather than denigrating. The Unix one is classic.

If there were a "Squeak for Dummies", I'd buy it. If I could convince
Wiley to publish one, I'd write it.<S>

> Personally, I don't think there's a need for two lists. People with
> stupid questions will be flamed in either case (a stupid question does
> exist - it is when the poster clearly has not even done the most basic
> bit of research to solve the question by himself), and people with
> entry-level questions have never been flamed on squeak-dev, AFAICT.

I agree. But if it's true that people are reticent to post here, it
wouldn't seem to be a terrible burden to start a new one.