Looking for good souls

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Apr 24 08:34:08 UTC 2006

Hi guys

You know what? I found you really conservative and sitting on your
knowledge.
Do you really want to stay in your private club, be dandy, do not
invite anybody to learn and grow?
Because you think that people are not afraid of our discussions? Really?

May be this starter mailing-list will fail but I will have dare to
try instead of staying with your
certainty about life and facts.

My GOAL IS NOT TO SPLIT SQUEAK_DEV. My goal is to give a chance to
people
that are afraid or do not want to receive sometimes 50 emails per day
to communicate with us.
These are years that because of technological aspects we did not
create such a list.

Here is what ralph told me, so either we do it publicly via
squeakfondation as a normal and public list
as the fact that we acknowledge that newcomers are ***welcome*** in
our cool community, or I create
a mailing in an obscure mail server and I will advertize it. I let
you decide. But I will do it (you know me
and I will fail and take the responsibility of this failure if it
fails but at least I could be looking at this scar
and be proud of it).

> Just make a list and then advertise it.  In fact, you might make
> several lists, for different languages.
>
> As long as I've been on the Squeak list, people have argued against
> splitting the list.  However, if Squeak is to grow, the list must
> split.  When a list gets large, people don't want to post.  When
> the people who post are experts, beginners get shy.  If you want to
> grow the community, the lists must split.
>
> Fortunately, you don't need to take a vote.  Just create a list and
> advertise it, and the people who want to join will join, and the
> others won't.
>
> -Ralph

Stef