[Traits] Namespaces(environments?), SystemChangeNotifier, ...

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Apr 24 11:26:40 UTC 2006

Hi fellas!

On 24 avr. 06, at 10:40, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
> What is the status, are the plans for having 100%[tm] separated
> namespaces?

And...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> I would like to understand the proposal of goran, since I'm
> ***really*** relunctant to namespace introduction
> at the language level (when I see what we got in VW).

My Namespaces code (hmmm, did I update it on SM? Nope, doesn't look that
way, sorry, will put it up there) was refreshed to work in 3.9 when I
was in Brussels recently and presented it to the people attending that
Smalltalk party. Other people attending can comment on it - but
unfortunately I managed to break the code right before the talk so I
couldn't demo it - but it worked 30 minutes later when I discovered what
I had done. ;)

I very much want to make that code as good as possible so that the
community can decide if we want to use it or not. I personally think it
is a simple and very nice way of dealing with the problem. There are
also numerous writeups about it, the latest here:

	http://swiki.krampe.se/gohu/32

Note that my solution does not attempt to solve All Aspects Under The
Sun Related To Whatever People Think Of When You Mention The Word
Namespace, but only a rather well defined subset in a well defined and
backwards compatible way. :)

regards, Göran