[Traits] Namespaces(environments?), SystemChangeNotifier, ...

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Mon Apr 24 17:33:31 UTC 2006

Hi Stef,

on Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:29:50 +0200, you wrote:

> I would like to understand the proposal of goran, since I'm ***really***
> relunctant to namespace introduction
> at the language level (when I see what we got in VW).

We are not interested in support at the language level, need support only
for class/traits definition, DoIt evaluation and source code compilation.

> Now we developed a class Namespace to support the system at the
> infrastructural level (having a class that plays the system
> dictionary role but only that one and not mixed with everything). You
> can find the code on squeaksource.

Thanks for the hint, found it at http://www.squeaksource.com/Namespace and
will have a look at it.

> Now the point is to pay attention that the system can absorb changes and
> evolved smoothly, for me the next challenge
> is the integration of packages (replacing category which could be only
> there when MC is not loaded) and speeding
> MC...

I'm sorry, please don't misunderstand: MC is not our priority.

Thanks again!

/Klaus