Technical aspects of belonging to squeak list.s ( Re: Looking for good souls )

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 01:09:49 UTC 2006

Someone in the "Looking for good souls" thread raised
the dread of some beginner joining this list for
information then getting hundreds of emails a day that
they didn't want.

The amount of mail that arrives in my mail box from
being a member of this list is well under my control.

  I got a mailbox just for the purpose of contributing
to this list. (Getting my first and last name
uncorrectably into the wrong places as you will
notice).

By then I was well aware that the easiest way to
follow the list for me was just reading the archive. I
got (and deleted) just the digest.  And still followed
everything the old way by browsing the archive. The
difference was now I could post and contact others
individually.

Recently I found out that I could even eliminate the
digests by going to my squeakdev profile and just
asking for them not to be delivered. That works fine.

So while a beginner or newbie WILL be swamped with
mail until he learns that trick, surely sooner rather
than later a good kind soul will point this out to him
or her.  And if they figure it out for themselves.
Well I want somebody that clever reading my posts.
Maybe they have some ideas that can help.

Yours in service, --Jerome Peace