Board communication (was RE: Looking for good souls)

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Apr 25 06:57:49 UTC 2006

On 25.04.2006, at 08:46, Peter Crowther wrote:

>> From: Bert Freudenberg
>> Wouldn't the proper way of handling this the [be] board gathering
>> consensus and [...]
>
> It's a little difficult to tell, as the board *still* has no published
> way of working, there is (to my knowledge) no formal constitution
> of the
> Squeak Foundation despite it handling donations, and there appears not
> even to be any way of agreeing on what the board has done in order to
> present it at intervals to the wider community (witness Stef's and
> Craig's recent emails).
>
> If I'm wrong on any of these, I'd love to know; but it appears that
> the
> new board is no more functional than the last when it comes to
> communication.

Yes, I personally (not speaking for the board) think we have a long
way to go to make it better... the problem is that (at least me
personally)
start to just not have enough time and energy to get everything done
just now...

I know this is bad, but I don't know how to fix it.

As for communication, I volunteered to write a short report, it should
have been done over the weekend, but it didn't. Sorry.

The main problem is that all this takes a huge huge amount of time and
energy... and there is a dayjob, and doing something else for fun
sometime is important, too.

        Marcus