Board roles (was Re: Looking for good souls)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Apr 26 08:11:42 UTC 2006

Hi Bert and all!

Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de> wrote:
> Am 25.04.2006 um 08:02 schrieb goran at krampe.se:
> >  [...] once more: create the darn list. :) (still not seeing it on
> > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo)
>
> Wouldn't the proper way of handling this the board gathering
> consensus and asking the list admins to create a new list?

Sure. :)

Or even more effectively: the person having the delegated responsibility
of taking care of lists just takes the decision himself. Not sure if
that role is set though, but I would guess Marcus. But that is of course
your ballgame since I am not on the board :).

My advice (after having been on the board) is to use delegation
extensively inside the board - and to publish those "roles" on
squeak.org (the Team page there is great, having an equally distinct
"board roles" page would be dandy IMHO). Again, just constructive
advice. :)

Seeking board concensus was in my experience a very hard thing to do
because people are so busy from time to time.

A good example here is the fact that Craig is Team boss today (after
Ken) - one of the delegated roles that the current board "inherited"
from the old board. But how many people are aware of this? IIRC Craig
got editing capability of the Team page - please enter that info at the
top. Or better - add the "board roles" page I blabbered about above. :)

regards, Göran