Alain Plantec alain.plantec at univ-brest.fr
Wed Apr 26 08:15:25 UTC 2006

Chris Becker a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to load code that contains underscore assignment operators
> using Monticello. It pops up a "syntax error" dialog for each method.
> Since I have hundreds of methods it would be a nightmare to replace
> them with ":=" manually.
>
> Anyone solve this problem yet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Becker

Hi all,
While porting some of my classes to VW,
I've implemented a scanner subclass for that problem (attached).
'_' are replaced with ':=' only when '_' is scanned as an assignment.

Here an example that read test.st and write test2.st.

| f |
f := ( FileStream forceNewFileNamed: 'test2.st') .
f nextPutAll: (PlatypusVW5PackageExporterScanner new outPut: (
FileStream fileNamed: 'test.st') contents).
f close

alain