Squeak on Windows CE: how popular?

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Wed Apr 26 13:10:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

For the PDA version of Ubiquitalk (see
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/UbiquiTalk) we have chosen to make a dedicated
GUI.
We have a single window with the "right size" to fit the PDA display.
The "content" child morph of the window is replaced according to user's
activities.
Also, UbiquiTalk has a "navigation bar" that allows changing activities
and quitting.
We also use tabs (e.g. for settings) in order to avoid too much
scrolling.

Note : UbiquiTalk for PDA is built on top of SqueakLight because the
image size is small.
BTW, the world menu in SqueakLight is shorter than "plain Squeak".

Noury
Le 26 avr. 06, à 03:00, Nagy Attila a écrit :

> Dear List,
>
> I'd like to have a picture on how many of us use Squeak on WinCE based
> handhelds. If some of us do, maybe we could trade some useful
> experience (mainly regarding tricks on how to live with a screen size
> of 320*240).
>
> Attis

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org