Fun with Number readFrom: What should we do ?

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Wed Apr 26 22:18:04 UTC 2006

I fully agree, but since it is a long living bug, present in other dialects,
maybe someone have used it as a feature, so it's better asking.

What about the FORTRANISH 1.e1 and .1e2 ? Anyone use it ?
I like it because i had apps reading this kind of format, but maybe my opinion
is biased... Another specific selector able to read +.1e+2 might be better...
One point of view is to enforce Smalltalk syntax only in readFrom:
On the other hand we have already the nan and infinity exceptions...

Nicolas