how to get an underscore character

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Apr 28 09:00:10 UTC 2006

Am 27.04.2006 um 21:38 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> On 27 avr. 06, at 19:59, Chris Muller wrote:
>
>> Did the 3.9 team decide to adopt Berts underscore solution and, if
>> so, is there a plan to run his conversion for 3.9 which converts
>> the code from underscore assignment to :=?
>
> Yes but we have to pay attention since we are using MC and we do
> not know if we would not get loading order problems
> if we would recompile everything (may be this is totally wrong what
> I'm saying since marcus already recompiled several times the
> image). So I have to check my fears :)

Your fears may well be valid. What's really unpredictable when

This is not really related to this package, but we might want to add
the disabling of underscore assignments preference from Croquet, so
you notice any missed ones when recompiling.

>>  If so, may we preserve the old timestamp information?  Since the
>> change is only cosmetic, I think the historical information is
>> more valuable than to know when/who ran global-search-and-replace
>> of the assignment operator.
>>
>>  I have posted an update to Berts FixUnderscores script on Mantis.
>
> (Your update is taking care of the old timestamp information?)
> 	ifTrue: [stef saysGreat; askBertForIntegration; andWillUseThatIn39]

Yes, it does take care of the timestamps. Not tested on old methods
without timestamps, though. And it depends on Monticello (uses one
method added by Monticello), but that shouldn't really be a problem.

I uploaded it to the impara repository and released on Squeakmap.
(Should I add you as co-maintainer, Chris?)

- Bert -