Squeak forth and Logo

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Apr 28 09:13:46 UTC 2006

Am 27.04.2006 um 22:04 schrieb goran at krampe.se:

> Hi!
>
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>>
>>> - Factor by Slava Pestov (factorcode.org). This is actually a very
>>> good
>>> general source of inspiration for new cool ideas to possibly
>>> bring to
>>> Squeak.
>>
>> Like what?
>
> Well, one thing I found neat was the "builtin" hyperlinking of all
> code.
> All words were clickable.

Well we have that, though not by clicking.

It's like the second thing I teach people starting with Smalltalk,
who usually wonder (or complain) about the lack of documentation. I
tell them, that the documentation is right there, hyperlinked in the
source code, and searchable, too. Cmd-n takes you to usage examples,
whereas Cmd-m takes you to the definition. Cmd-Shift-W lets you
search, and the Method Finder even finds stuff by example.

The first thing of course I mention is that Smalltalk is different ;-)

- Bert -