how to get an underscore character

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Fri Apr 28 17:19:48 UTC 2006

> Not tested on old methods
> without timestamps, though.

 Good catch.  Sigh, this is annoying.  You compile a method withStamp: nil and then #timeStamp returns an empty String..

 This should probably be fixed.  Instead of compiling unconditionally with timeStamp, we should check it for empty string and, if so, compile withStamp: nil.

 OTOH, Lint barks about methods with no timestamp.  Maybe this is an opportunity to "clean up" methods with no timestamp; i.e., since there isn't any reasonable historical information anyway, this may be reason to put in a timestamp of the person running the script (again, only for methods with no timestamp currently).

 If the individual (i.e., Stef, Marcus, etc.) doesn't want to be associated with so many old methods, maybe that script could be run under developer-initials something like "3.9 team" or something..

 Now that I've talked myself into confusion, someone please tell me there opinion on this matter..

 > And it depends on Monticello (uses one
> method added by Monticello), but that shouldn't really be a problem.

 Woops.  Oh well I sense Monticello is pretty much uibiquitous these days..

> (Should I add you as co-maintainer, Chris?)

 That would be a bit easier if I could save the above mentioned fix directly to the impara repository..

  - Chris