Warning!

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sat Apr 29 22:11:25 UTC 2006

Alan Lovejoy wrote:

>Blake: "I got a couple of e-mails today from
>"squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net"
>with the subjects "the file" and "fwd: photo", which were infected with
>virii."
>
>The e-mail address "squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net" is the one I use
>solely for my subscription to the Squeak mailing list.  I did not send you
>any e-mails. I'll do a virus/malware scan though, just in case.
>
>Thanks for the "warning."

Viruses are known to take sender and recipient addresses from outlook
address books, mail files and web browser caches, so the virus sender
could be any member of this mailing list (and even folks who access the
mailing list's archive via a web browser).
So everybody using a Windows system should check for viruses. Regularly,
even when nothing has happened...

Cheers,
Hans-Martin