[SqNOS] New release: RTL8139 support, TCP/IP "working", native improvements

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Wed Aug 2 15:11:37 UTC 2006

Stef dijo:
> are you writing tests for SqueakNet?
> Because this is a cool project and with tests we could really build
> on top of it.

    Hi Stef!

    The truth is that Luciano is doing all the work in NetSqueak. And
yes, he's doing lots of tests (lots and interesting). Let me copy here
he's last commit log to http://www.squeaksource.com/Net.html. For every
thing he does, he does tests. The last thing he implemented for testing
is the RealisticLoopback InternalNetworkDevice. A subclass of Loopback
which implements drops, corruption and delays. To test how the stack
behaves in this cases.
    On the other side, for SqueakNOS I'm not writing no tests. I don't
really know how to write tests for the HardwareDevices, but the truth is
that I have not yet felt the magic of tests, so I'm not pushing it too
hard... mea culpa.

    ok, the commit log for your pleasure:

Name: Net-len.13