How to run a Squaklet on Solaris/Firefox

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Aug 3 13:53:19 UTC 2006

Am 03.08.2006 um 11:02 schrieb Rudolf Coetsee:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone provide some guidelines on how to run a Squeaklet on
> Solaris/Firefox. We have installed the solaris squeak browser
> plugin (Squeak-3.7b-5.sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar) but launching the
> Squeaklet is not yet successful. We would appreciate any
> documentation on the Squeak solaris plugin and hopefully an example
> HTML snippet showing what parameters the component requires to
> launch properly ( i.e. in the Windows one, there are a bunch of
> parameters related to size of window, location of stuff and so on...).

We recently compiled and ran successfully from 3.7-7 sources (from
http://squeakvm.org/unix/) on Solaris (a Sun Ray pool). The 3.9-7
sources did not compile out of the box, but there was a post recently
to the vm-dev list that outlined what needed to be changed.

Regarding parameters, there is a README.npsqueak in the sources.

You can try the plugin here:

	http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/plugin/test/
plugintest.html

or at the squeakland.org site.