Tweak or Etoys 1.0 as upper layer of the next Full Image? (was Re: [V3dot9] Another try for pre-gamma: #7051)

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Aug 4 13:24:50 UTC 2006

On 04.08.2006, at 10:16, Markus Gaelli wrote:

>>> So it's back to kitchen-sink. How disappointing. How very, very
>>> disappointing.
>>

> So whereas I value a lot the work of Marcus and Co. doing a basic
> image, I also do not agree calling this image a "full one".

Why not? What's missing? Scamper is a broken thing, those who need
Yaxo or VMMaker can install it, and Balloon3D
is dead.

> On the other hand I think Marcus was provocative to find out who is
> willing to produce a "full one" right now.

No, I want nobody to produce an "official" full image, as then people
download that and it will be broken, as
we never tested the packages on 3.9

> For doing so we need to agree, if it is Tweak or whatever, to be
> integrated.
> For that, I think we need to know, where squeakland is heading:
> Will they use tweak for Etoys 2.0 or not?
> In my opinion the goals of squeakland always defined the upper
> layer of Squeak.

But they are not willing to cooperate in any shape or form. Etoy 2
seems to be dead, Tweak seems to be
dead, too, if you look at the mailinglist or the amount of fixes/
improvements done (not many) over the last
year.

> Or is it Squeakland waiting for squeak-dev, and squeak-dev waiting
> for squeakland? Catch22...

SqueakLand does not care about squeak-dev.

     Marcus