Contexts and exception handlers

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Aug 4 16:34:32 UTC 2006

David Shaffer wrote:
> BTW, I'm simply trying to figure out how to get the Inspector, Debugger,
> ObjectExplorer etc to be able to access "dynamic variables" which
> existed in the context in which the tool was activated.

You could try looking at the implementations of dynamic-wind for Scheme
(the implementation of dynamic variables in Squeak would need to be
changed, of course). Basically these reify the "windings" that go on
during changes of dynamic-variable values. The meta-level code in
Inspector, Debugger etc would then manipulate the reified windings just
like it manipulates reified stacks.

Tony