Tweak or Etoys 1.0 as upper layer of the next Full Image? (was Re: [V3dot9] Another try for pre-gamma: #7051)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Aug 5 03:08:43 UTC 2006

Marcus Denker wrote:
>> In my opinion the goals of squeakland always defined the upper layer
>> of Squeak.
>
> But they are not willing to cooperate in any shape or form.

Well, let's just assume the opposite. What kind of cooperation do you
propose?

> Etoy 2 seems to be dead, Tweak seems to be
> dead, too, if you look at the mailinglist or the amount of
> fixes/improvements done (not many) over the last year.

Not sure where you've been looking but
http://source.impara.de/Tweak.html shows some 60 versions or so for '06
alone which makes it a new version roughly every four days (and that is
only the core Tweak repository and not counting some of the surrounding
work). I wouldn't call this dead exactly. The mailing list has quieted
down some and various projects using Tweak have their own means of
communication, which is somewhat unfortunate since it prevents some more
global discussion but dead? No, most definitely not.

Cheers,
   - Andreas