More wrong doing what works ?? was(Re: About 7051 and Multilingual-TextConversion)

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Aug 5 15:03:49 UTC 2006

Folks:

With Jerome Peace help I'm doing the 3.9b7051 version of
Rompecabezas/Puzzle.
We wish have a "applause" .wav noise when game ends.

So I having:

sonido: aWavFilePath
Sonido :=  (RWBinaryOrTextStream with: (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed:
aWavFilePath) contentsOfEntireFile )reset

This method ALWAYS  works before.

But now I should do the following change to system

contentsOfEntireFile
    "Read all of the contents of the receiver."

    | s binary |
    self readOnly.
    binary := self isBinary.
    self converter: Latin1TextConverter new. "MY CHANGE WORKS"
    self reset.    "erases knowledge of whether it is binary"
    binary ifTrue: [self binary].
    s := self next: self size.
    self close.
    ^s

For having

(SampledSound fromWaveStream: PuzzleMorph sonido ) play

With change is working.

Any comments to this ? I on Mac OS X.
You could read a .wav on 3.9 ?

Edgar