DigitalSignatureAlgorithm Errors

Laurence Rozier laurence.rozier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 16:53:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

My goal is to be able sign messages for Amazon Web Services and initially I
ran into the issue of how the secret key is represented. DSA expects the key
to be part of a 4 element array, but what I have from Amazon is a single 40
character string. This is a new domain for me so I decided to first make
sure I could use/understand the implementation as it. However, class methods
such as example and timeDecode: fail with:

ERROR! Signature verification failed

I reimplemented the examples using generateKeySet instead of testKeySet but
still get the same failures. Also when I tried to use
initRandomNonInteractively to prevent having to constantly type in long
strings, Squeak crashed under OS/X(works fine under windows). Apparently
SoundService>>randomBitsFromSoundInput: is the culprit(I've reported this on
Mantis). Can anyone point me to working examples?

TIA,

Laurence