[ANN] FreeType+Subpixel anti-aliasing Update

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Aug 14 03:59:19 UTC 2006

I'll point out in Sophie I wrote a SophieFontEmphasisEncoder class to
convert between symbols and the smalltalk magic numbers for font
emphasis.

That way when you have a font that is "Light outline italic shadow"
you have someway to specify that emphasis, also user's don't need to
remember or forget magic numbers.

On 13-Aug-06, at 4:25 PM, Andrew Tween wrote:

> An updated vm+plugins+image containing my latest work in getting
> the FreeType
> font support from the Sophie project into 3.9 can be obtained from
> here...
>
> http://www.zen61439.zen.co.uk/Squeak3.9g-7054_FreeType.zip
>
> This is for Windows only. I'll try a Linux build next.
>
> Screenshots, for those lucky enough not to have Windows, are here...
>
> http://www.zen61439.zen.co.uk/lcdOff.png
> http://www.zen61439.zen.co.uk/lcdOn.png
>
> lcdOff.png is with the sub-pixel rendering turned off, and
> lcdOn.png with it
> switched on.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy