Fwd: how to get arg and print on the output

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Aug 15 03:14:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 04:53:48PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:

> >Can we get the same in squeak?
>
> I'll eat my hat if works on Windows - a GUI program has no stdout so
> that such an invokation (unless done from a special "command line VM")
> simply cannot have any useful effect.

I don't know about VW, but it works fine on Windows with Squeak(*).
Standard output goes to the console, so you can open a console and
write to standard output. The console conveniently displays itself
in a separate window, and behaves more or less as you might expect.
The console window can be opened and closed as needed.

Dave

(*) Actually, it does not work any more due the the recent security
enhancements to the Windows FilePlugin support code. But it used to
work, and it did have a useful effect. No special VM required, just
the OSPP plugin for Windows.