Proposal for Extensible Primitives (was: FFI)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 16 06:51:08 UTC 2006

Damien Cassou wrote:
> Andreas Raab wrote:
>> In this case my proposal would be to solve the problem we have, not
>> the one we don't have ;-) I don't mind some discussion about ways in
>> which to change the FFI but they should be weighed relative to the
>> fact that the FFI is an already deployed subsystem and changing its
>> syntax means that every single line that was ever written in it will
>> break instantly (or worse, it won't even load).
>
> Don't you think that the sooner refactoring is done the easier it is?

I'm cool with refactoring. The more the merrier. And do you know what
the term refactoring means? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refactoring :

	"Refactoring is the process of rewriting a computer program or other
material to improve its structure or readability, while explicitly
preserving its meaning or behavior"

Let's repeat the last part: "while explicitly preserving its meaning or
behavior". Not to break things. I'm perfectly cool with that.

Cheers,
   - Andreas