Info on Smalltalk DSLs or Metaprogramming...

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Aug 17 15:01:35 UTC 2006

+ 1

this is why we often do not launch a metacompiler such as Smacc for
simple languages.
We often use class and selector the parsing, debugging, storage is
free. Even the refactoring.
Especially during a PhD I would work at that level and in 10 years
when your language will
be the mainstream language for trial you create a real compiler. This
is at least the advice
I gave to some friends of mine when they started to open Yacc/lex
even before understanding
deeply what they wanted to express.

Stef