[V3dot9] new 3.9 category for SM

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Aug 17 19:10:34 UTC 2006

I'm confused.  Aren't we mixing two different concepts here?  One being
the image version to which a given package is known to apply.  It just
happens to be that one image version was labelled '3.9alpha'.  The
second concept is the 'quality' (aka Maturity Level) of the individual
package.  In SqueakMap these two concepts are seperate, the first
labelled 'Squeak Version', which includes the choice of
'Squeak3.9-alpha' among others and Maturity level which includes
'Bleeding edge', 'Alpha', 'Beta', etc.  Each package can be labelled
with either or both of these.

Then there is another concept here you seem to want to have applied to
packages which is some sort of official 'blessing' of the package
relative to how well it works in a given image version.  This is
something else entirely, and I'm not sure something that can be easily
defined.

Ken