Celeste Spam Howto wanted ;)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Aug 18 08:23:47 UTC 2006

Hi!

"Giovanni Giorgi" <daitangio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I am working on Celeste Source code, to upgrade it and add some new
> functionality.
> I'd like to add  small tutorials on celeste on my web site.
> The Celeste section is born yesterday, but you can take a look to:
> http://blog.objectsroot.com/celeste
>
> I'd like to get some documentation about the spam filter.
> How does  it work?
> Do you need to train it marking the emails as spam and then it will do
> the job for you?

Yes, there is a an extra button called "Spam". Just click it and the
email is moved to .spam." Celeste maintains two word sets - one with
"good" words, and one with "bad" words. I am using a deadly old Celeste
in a 3.2 image and I might even have tweaked the spam code - saving the
db can take a bit of time as it serializes these word sets.

Then you regularly empty the .spam. category - you don't need to keep
them.

It has worked very well for me until lately where some spam seem to been
able to trick it by using lots of "good words".

regards, Göran