Celeste Spam Howto wanted ;)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 18 14:42:34 UTC 2006

"Giovanni Giorgi" <daitangio at gmail.com> writes:
> I'd like to get some documentation about the spam filter.
> How does  it work?
> Do you need to train it marking the emails as spam and then it will do
> the job for you?

Goran described it well. I used it for a long time (> 1 year) and was
generally happy with it.

However, I should say that I think there is a better approach
nowadays: filter on your mail server, using something like
SpamAssassin.  The main reason is that you filter the spams out before
you download them.  That way, you do not spend a lot of time
downloading messages that are immediately tossed into the spam folder.

-Lex