Stef's departure from the SqueakFoundation board

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Aug 20 08:56:23 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse puso en su mail :

> On 20 août 06, at 00:58, Andreas Raab wrote:
>
>> Ralph Johnson wrote:
>>> It is necessary.  It will happen as a community grows larger.
>>> Eventually it will split into subcommunities, and the question is how
>>> to manage it, not whether it will happen.
>>
>> Agreed. But the main risk for an experiment like the beginner's
>> list is that it doesn't get enough uptake. Notice that this list
>> (contrary to other communities) wasn't formed by the people
>> affected, but was rather sort of an administrative act. Personally,
>> I was really surprised to find that there is enough of an
>> effectively silent "beginners community" to give that list enough
>> traction. But it's great to see it when it works.
>
> because lot of people do not care to talk in the mailing to say what
> they think.
> Lot of people contacted me off-list to support the idea.
>

>> OTOH, just consider what would've happened if the list didn't get
>> the required uptake - the whole idea would have been discredited
>> for years to come. This is why I prefer it if these things form
>> naturally bottom-up and not by top-down decisions.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   - Andreas

I insist on what the edge of Squeak development and newbie's should have
same list.
So hard thinkers not loose his "foot on earth" and newbie's could see new
things arise all the time.
But as several members think different, I declare my surrender and stop.

And Stef, drink some wine and beer with the others board members and stay
here.

We need you. You don't should go because some of us don't share your views.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!