Celeste Spam Howto wanted ;)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 21 08:08:30 UTC 2006

"Giovanni Giorgi" <daitangio at gmail.com> writes:
> Spamming filtering is not an easy problem.
> Most users prefer doing filtering on theri box.
> For example my Telecom provider started to "offer" me an automatic
> anti-spam, WITHOUT saying a word about this new services.
>
> Some of my emails was lost thank of this "great idea".

Heh, lovely -- ISP's who know so much better than you they do not even
need to bother telling you what they are doing.

Still, I find my emailing faster and more pleasant now that I started
filtering on the server.  The false positives have not changed.  What
has changed is that most email downloads are much faster, and I do not
have to do a "compact" as often to get rid of all the spams.  On the
downside, when I do have a false positive, I have to retrieve it off
of the server instead of out of the .spam folder.  That is not a big
deal compared to avoiding downloading all of the true spams.

-Lex