An alternative FFI/Parser proposal

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Mon Aug 21 12:47:26 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse schrieb:
> Bert
>
> do I understand correctly that you could then do the same
>
>>     showOptions
>>         <on: fire in: optionButton>
>>         optionDialog open
>>

> with     <on: #fire in: #optionButton>
> since this is the interpretation of the symbols that give them semantics.
> ie mapping optionButton to a field.

If you insist on using "pragma syntax", yes. In Andreas' method property
implementation, this annotation indeed adds a property named #on:in:
with the value #(#fire #optionButton).

However, the missing # in the in: part indicates that this is *not* any
arbitrary symbol, whereas the event name is.

So for ultimate consistency it would need to be written as

	<on: #fire in: optionButton>

However, this would add a bit of visual clutter. And, it would look like
you could use a literal other than a Symbol for the event name. So the #
  is implied just like in a literal array.

- Bert -