Grant Funding (was: Stef's departure from the SqueakFoundation board)

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Mon Aug 21 21:13:02 UTC 2006

All,

I thought I ask Sir David Ascher about the python grant program, here is his
reply:

As to an original question re: why it wasn't repeated, the primary reason is
fatigue on behalf of the people responsible for reviewing the grant
proposals.  It was a lot of work, especially the first time.

We're still planning on doing it again, although likely with different
parameters.

FWIW, I think the membership of the PSF tends to thinks it was a successful
program, and most want us to repeat it.

--david

I think that we should keep an open mind.  There is a lot that we could do
to help the community, this is only one idea, but in general I like the idea
of building tools, supporting the infrastructure and release process,
running events like code sprints and such.

Ron Teitelbaum