Acces fum structure from an external plugin

Bruno Luca lethalman88 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 00:41:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 02:29:54 +0200, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 21-Aug-06, at 5:12 PM, Bruno Luca wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> is there a way to access the fum structure into interp.c from an
>> external plugin?
> Not at the moment. Why do you feel the need to have it? Remember - it
> doesn't contain *all* the variables you might think are globals. And it
> isn't guaranteed to exist anyway even though the major platforms use it.
>
> tim
> --
> Useful random insult:- Ought to have a warning label on his forehead.

There is the callbacks patch by Andreas Raab which i need for SqueakGtk.
Functions such as callbackEnter() and callbackLeave() are built in the
interpreter. Since they are not part of the official VM i would use it
 from the plugin...
I don't like releasing a package which needs the user to recompile the
entire VM. If i can enhance it into the plugin i could release just a
binary and an mcz.

Best regards,

--
www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about internet technologies