Ladrillos (was SqueakCore System [proposal])

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Aug 22 13:13:01 UTC 2006

Hi Edgar,

on Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:13:33 +0200, you wrote:
> People:
>
> Ladrillos is bricks in Argentina.
> So I wish ladrillos small and versatile for building common houses,
> Empire
> State, Kheops Piramide, Long Chinese Wall, etc.

Hey, ladrillos sounds cool in my ears :)

> For any future system, (Spoon, Kernel, SqueakCore, etc) I said we should
> not
> use actual PI.
> We should build new ladrillos.

Excellent! This results in a well documented (w.r.t. the partitioning)
image ;-)

> Here I my first try for Kernel.
> KernelCompression.1.cs should have
> #CRCError
> #DeflateStream
> #FastInflateStream
> #FileList
> #InflateStream
> #MessageTally

I'd like to see good old MessageTally being part of the kernel, it helped
me debugging in many situations: just slow down execution of the method
you're interested in and use MessageTally for finding out if that's called.

> #StringHolder
> #ZipConstants
> #ZipEncoder
> #ZipEncoderTree